- Graduate Residence of Digital Scholarship, Lewis and Ruth Sherman Centre for Digital Scholarship, 2017-2018. McMaster University, Ontario, Canada.
- Taiwan overseas doctorate student scholarship, Taiwanese Ministry of Education, 2016-2018
(Not required to return to Taiwan for service)
- Sherman Centre for Digital Scholarship residence, McMaster University, 2017-2018
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Excellence in Teaching TA/RA award, McMaster university, 2017
- Participedia.org research assistant (with stipend), Participedia, 2017
- CAHSPR Policy Forum travel bursary, CAHSPR, Ottawa, Canada 2014
- CAHSPR Annual conference student travel award, CAHSPR, Ottawa, Canada 2014
- International Excellence Award, McMaster University, Canada 2013-2016
- Graduate Student Scholarship, McMaster University, Canada 2013-2015
- Entrance Scholarship, McMaster University, Canada 2013 – 2014
- Distinguished student scholarship, National Taiwan University, Taiwan 2010 – 2011
- Global Research Development Grant 2010
International Health Center, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University
- Scholarship for extinguished undergraduate research, Ministry of Education, National Science Council, Taiwan, 2007 – 2008
- Graduate Student Researcher Grant, Institute of Health Policy and Management, National Taiwan University, 2008-2010
- Recipient of Excellence in Humanitarian Services Award (1 recipient annually), National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, 2007.
- National Taiwan University Scholarship for Excellence in Humanitarian Services 2007
I don’t even remember getting this award if it weren’t for the photos!
- International conferences travel award, Ministry of Foreign Affairs 2007
- National Taiwan University Distinguished Student Award (equivalent to Valedictorian of the College of Medicine in the US), National Taiwan University, Taiwan 2007
- College of Medicine Distinguished Student Award (one of 7th awards are given to the summa cum laude of the School of Nursing), National Taiwan University, Taiwan, 2007
- Student of Excellence, China Youth Corps, Taiwan, 2007
- Healthcare student conference attendance grant, National Health Bureau, Taiwan, 2007
- Global and International Research Development Scholarship, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 2007
- University of Helsinki Foreign Student Scholarship, University of Helsinki, Finland, 2005-2006
License and certification:
- Licensed Registered Nurse, Taiwan, July 2008 – present
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Washington, USA December 2011 – 2015 (chose not to renew)
- Licensed AED/CPR instructor, American Red Cross, WA, USA, March 2012
- Certificate in Chinese-English translation and Interpretation, School of Professional and Continuing Studies, National Taiwan University, 2007
- Licensed Chinese Teacher of TCSOL (Teachers of Chinese to Speakers for Other Languages) and TCFL (Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language), 2007
- Language skills: Fluent in Mandarin, Taiwanese and English (TOEFL iBT: 114/120; GRE 1410). Beginner Finnish, Spanish, Japanese, and German.
- Computer proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SPSS, Tableau, Gephi, UCINet. Experienced in SAS, R, and database management systems.
- Singer/Composer: Studio No.7, 10.2008 – 09.2011. Singer/composer/voice-over actor for TV and web-based commercials, my clients include: SONY, Watson’s, Nissan, Canon, Panasonic, HTC, BenQ, Haagen Dazs, various international cosmetics brands, Xbox video games, apparels, and food and beverage companies.